These are the show notes of episode #011 of the podcast ‘The Business of Glamping and Unique Holiday Rentals’ with Sarah Riley from Inspired Camping and Inspired Courses and special guest Roger Brisley of Timber Intent, who kindly gave us his professional opinion on gaining planning permission for a glamping business. In this podcast, we ask if glamping requires planning permission and also how to get permissions in place if that’s what you need.
If you would like to find out more about how to start a glamping business and are just at the beginning of your journey, make sure you read this article on Inspired Camping, which is full of helpful tips and links for more resources.
If you are already keen to get started and need the business plan templates and cash flow examples to help you move forward, then you can find those here.
For more training and support about how to start your own dream glamping business, visit Inspired Courses.
Finally, learn the tricks how to turn your passion into profits by increasing the number of guests you attract, see Sarah’s signature course, ‘Guest Booking Success – A masterclass to attracting more guests and commission-free bookings.
You can also sign up to receive a bundle of FREE resources here.
The Business of Glamping and Unique Holiday Rentals
How To Gain Planning Permission For Your Glamping Business
With special guest Roger Brisley
Podcast Episode #011 – Show Notes
The details of permission for a business may vary from place to place, but the principles stay the same so I speak to an expert to get the low-down on planning consent issues to increase your chances of success. In this episode, we dive into…
- The key factors when assessing if a piece of land and buildings have the potential to achieve planning
- What land is best and why?
- Tips for achieving planning consent
- The unknowns you should know about!
- 28 day licensing to gain temporary permission.
- How persevering and justifying your designs is key.
- Roger’s top tips for sourcing a piece of land with the best chance of achieving planning
Additional Resources And Links Mentioned:
- Find Roger at Timber Intent
- Interview on Inspired Camping
- Hooke Park
- Anatomy of Treehouses Book
- John Makepeace
- Frei Otto
- European Forestry Commission
- National Planning Policy
- Local Plan
- Planning Portal
- Natural England (English Nature)
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- From Overwhelmed To Fully Booked Coaching Program
- The Glamping Business Start-Up Guide With Additional Tips To Achieve Planning Permission
- The Glamping Business Facebook Group (+ Unique Holiday Rentals)
Listen to all episodes so far, leave a review and subscribe below: