These are the show notes of episode #011 of the podcast ‘The Business of Glamping and Unique Holiday Rentals’ with Sarah Riley from Inspired Camping and Inspired Courses and special guest Roger Brisley of Timber Intent, who kindly gave us his professional opinion on gaining planning permission for a glamping business.
For more training and support on how you can start your own dream glamping business or turn your passion into profits by increasing the number of guests you attract, visit Inspired Courses where you can find Sarah’s signature course, ‘From Overwhelmed To Fully booked – A Masterclass To Attracting More Guests And Commission Free Bookings’.
You can also sign up to receive a bundle of FREE resources in the Inspired Courses VIP Lounge.
The Business of Glamping and Unique Holiday Rentals
How To Gain Planning Permission For Your Glamping Business
With special guest Roger Brisley
Podcast Episode #011 – Show Notes
The details of permission for a business may vary from place to place, but the principles stay the same so I speak to an expert to get the low-down on planning consent issues to increase your chances of success. In this episode, we dive into…
- The key factors when assessing if a piece of land and buildings have the potential to achieve planning
- What land is best and why?
- Tips for achieving planning consent
- The unknowns you should know about!
- 28 day licensing to gain temporary permission.
- How persevering and justifying your designs is key.
- Roger’s top tips for sourcing a piece of land with the best chance of achieving planning
Additional Resources And Links Mentioned:
- Find Roger at Timber Intent
- Interview on Inspired Camping
- Hooke Park
- Anatomy of Treehouses Book
- John Makepeace
- Frei Otto
- European Forestry Commission
- National Planning Policy
- Local Plan
- Planning Portal
- Natural England (English Nature)
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- From Overwhelmed To Fully Booked Coaching Program
- The Glamping Business Start-Up Guide With Additional Tips To Achieve Planning Permission
- The Glamping Business Facebook Group (+ Unique Holiday Rentals)
Listen to all episodes so far, leave a review and subscribe below: