It is said that a journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step. So with the harsh winter retracing its steps, the air around seems to beckon all those who have loved to wander into the woods, the meadows and the greens. Caravan camping seems to be the best option available for all those having the wanderlust in them. What more would anyone want than great outdoor adventures that trailed after you wherever you went. And what best than hooking up the caravan for some fun and fresh air!
But before leaving on that lonesome, wholesome travelling, there are a number of things that one should keep in mind so that the well-earned holiday goes incident free and you enjoy your holiday without that niggling worry at the back of your mind.
The following list could serve as a guide that you should to do before leaving home on your journey.
Checklist for your car:
- Check that your mirrors are firmly secured and you can view through them perfectly
- The fan belt has appropriate tension and its condition is good
- Check if there is enough water-coolant in your car engine and the brake fluid adequate enough
- Oil in the engine and in the transmission is at proper levels
- Fill up your fuel tank
- Check the air in your tyres including the spare one
- Ensure that all the lights are working
- Test ride to see if your brakes work
Like Cars, it is equally important to make sure all your spares for caravan are intact to avoid unpleasant journey. Hence a checklist will help you do this.
Checklist for your caravan spares:
- Caravan brace for steadying your corners
- Waste water and fresh water containers and connector pipes3.
- Extension mirrors
- Caravan steps
- Electric hook-ups
- Gas bottles
- Awning poles, mallets and pegs
- Spare wheel and jack
- Fire extinguishers
- Small tool kit
One of the beauties of camping a la caravan style is that it is an activity that is available to anyone who has a love for the outdoors. It is one of the most non-expensive method of exploring the world around us, that is often more gratifying than spending huge amounts on hotel rooms.
There are tons of things one can do to keep the trip interesting and easier but it is the experience that leaves an everlasting imprint in the mind. However if you have your movable home with you, there wouldn’t be any inch of the earth that you would leave unturned. Remember good caravan home needs the best caravan spares that could keep you on the road without major breakdowns.