These are the show notes of episode #015 of the podcast ‘The Business of Glamping and Unique Holiday Rentals’ with Sarah Riley from Inspired Camping and Inspired Courses and special guest Sarah Dusek from Under Canvas who shares her story with us about how she and her husband Jacob grew their business from just a small idea into a multi-million business that is now attracting investment from some of the biggest businesses in the hospitality industry.
Under Canvas: From Nothing To A Multi-Million Luxury Camping And Glamping Business
Podcast Episode #015 – Show Notes
In this episode, Sarah Dusek shares her origin story for Under Canvas USA and how she ended up moving countries to set up her business, which has now attracted significant expansion investment from KSL Capital Partners. She also talks through:
- Why every growing company must still align with their values and mission to have an impact,
- The essentials of strong environmental principles and sustainable businesses strategies
- The key metric business owners need to know when aiming to attract investors
- What’s next for Under Canvas and the luxury camping and glamping industry as a whole.
Additional Resources And Links Mentioned:
- More about Sarah Dusek at Under Canvas
- American Glamping Association
- Quiz: Are you cut out to run a glamping business?
- Free resources in the Inspired Courses VIP Lounge
- The Glamping Business Facebook Group (+ Unique Holiday Rentals)
- For training and support on how to start your own glamping business or turn your passion into profits by increasing the number of guests you attract, visit Sarah Riley at Inspired Courses.
Listen to all episodes so far, leave a review and subscribe below:
- iTunes (Apple)
- Stitcher (Android)
- Libsyn (App for smartphones)
- Spotify (Smart Player)
- Soundcloud (Smart Player)
Image credits: Paul Joyner, Bailey Made and @heykelseyj